Sunday, June 6, 2010

Play Day


It's been nose-to-grindstone time lately. Being self-employed, my craziness is self-inflicted. Lucky for me, my husband's sister and brother-in-law had plans to come up for a weekend visit. After a day playing in the studio with my sister-in-law, I feel like I've been to the creativity spa.

The guys went fishing and then cleaned fish while Jean and I played. She and I did some sampling just for fun, with no expectations on the outcome. I have a bunch of new ideas to explore further when I get home from my June teaching travel. I feel rested, refreshed, and ready to go now.

For so many people I know, this time of year is extra busy. Crazy busy. Frozen pizza for supper busy. And when you're frantically trying to do it all, it's easy to feel like you'll never have another creative moment in your life. You may not be able to control the schedule, but maybe you can control how you feel. Can you squeeze in a play day soon?

No comments: