Monday, April 5, 2010

Results Are In On Wonder Undies

A while back I did some sampling of disperse dye transfers on 100% cotton. I did it knowing full well that disperse dyes are formulated for synthetics, or at least blends. But I read somewhere that you can improve the fastness of disperse dyes on natural fibers by painting the fabric before applying the transfer dye. And while it made sense (sort of -- I'm no chemist), there's no way to know something like that without sampling.

So I did. You can read the whole Wonder Undies experiment post here.

After a couple months, the results are clear. I love working with disperse dye transfers, but in the future I'll stick to using them on synthetic or synthetic blends.

Now it's time to sample something new on those cotton undies. You know what they say: There's no ugly fabric, just fabric that isn't done yet.

No comments: