Tuesday, December 14, 2010

Boil, Brew, Be Done

5 Ways To Be More Productive from Two Red Threads
Use Your Teapot As A Productivity-Boosting Timer. That's the title of a simple, elegant and doable technique just posted at Lifehacker. It could have been titled "Get The Dishwasher Unloaded Before The Toast Pops Up." Got a small job you don't really want to do? Put the kettle on and get cracking. The challenge is to get the job done before the water boils. Then it's done, and so's your tea.

In the studio, I think I'll dial down the heat on my electric kettle so it takes a bit longer to boil for that first cup in the morning. Then, instead of just shifting piles to make room for me to work my creativity warm-ups, I'll try to do a few minutes of real studio housekeeping while the water heats. Think of it as a steamy version of Beat The Clock.

What games do you play to help you get those small jobs done?

2 comments:

Sherri Woodard Coffey said...

Great idea! Thanks for sharing it.

Unknown said...

Thanks, Sherri!