Tuesday, January 5, 2010

Can You Take A Hint?


I guess I missed the first cosmic hint. We were driving along, minding our own business, when the passenger side mirror fell off. It bounced around until we cut the wire that tethered it. Been meaning to get that replaced.

Yesterday I took a different vehicle to the shop. The freezing rain and snow we had at Christmas broke off the roof and sheared off the side view mirror.

Obviously, there is some profound meaning in this sequence of events. I'm torn between "Pay attention to what's back there" and "It's time to stop looking back and focus on what's ahead."

What do you think? And what hints has the universe made to you lately?

3 comments:

Daryl said...

I think the universe is just messing with you... :-)

Cyndi Wolfe said...

My thanks to Daryl for introducing me to your site! Your side mirror "opportunities" remind me of a Farside cartoon in which the passenger is looking out at the side mirror and sees that a giant eyeball is fast approaching from the rear. Caption is, "Objects in the mirror are closer than they appear". Hope any objects you see are pleasant ones!

Best Regards
C

Unknown said...

I used to wonder if, when we go to the big funny paper in the sky, would we land in the Farside or BC? Now I'm afraid it will be Pickles!